Friday, 03 March 2023
Our overall attendance for this week is 91.63%.
This is still lower than our target of 96%.
We had 5 hours 42 minutes of lates this week, meaning vital learning is still being missed by some children.
Please ensure that your child is in school before the gates closes at 8.50am each day.
Please remember that by law, your child has to attend school. Holidays or trips abroad during term time will not be authorised and will result in your child missing valuable learning time and the parents receiving a financial penalty.
Events this week
- Book fair was a huge success.
- World Book Day was lots of fun. Well done to everyone who dressed up. Thank you to all the parents/carers who were able to join their children to share a book
- A group of Y5/6 girls attended a football tournament and came 2nd.
They were all presented with a copy of Marcus Rashford’s autobiography for their prize.
Miss Doe’s Class won a Headteacher Award again today for their great effort with lining up and walking around school sensibly.
Children in Y3 – Y6 have the opportunity to qualify for the SWAT cluster times table competition.
Three children from each of these year groups will take part in the final, along with 11 other schools on Wednesday 22nd March at Burnley Football Club.
This week I have attached information about ‘group chats’.
Children under 13 should not have social media accounts.
Parents need to be aware though that many online games do have chat facilities.
- Although messages could be private, other users can share those messages
- Be aware that people may not be who they say they are
- Children should not share personal details online such as their name or address
Thank you for your support,
Mrs Sarah Bell