Friday, 09 February 2024
We continue to have drivers breaking the law with regard to parking. I also receive regular complaints from local residents about drivers who park on their driveways without permission and people blocking residents’ driveways. Myself and Lisa, our site supervisor, have both been subject to verbal abuse this week for the actions of drivers.
There were two near misses on Thursday when car doors were nearly hit by passing cars, as passengers were getting out in the middle of the road.
Please ensure that all drivers stick to the law. Please do not put our children at risk by stopping in illegal places.
Traffic wardens have been on site twice this week and a number of drivers have been issued with fines.
We had 9 hours and 30 minutes of lates this week.
Please ensure that your child is in school before the gates closes at 8.50am each day.
Our overall attendance for this week is 92.3%.
Your child has brought home their traffic light sheet with their attendance on it for the whole year and for this term so far. There will be a treat at Easter for the children who are on ‘green’ for the Spring Term. There are lots of children who have improved significantly this term. Please keep it up!
Any child with attendance lower than 90% is classed as a persistent absentee by Lancashire County Council. Parents/carers are always informed if their child falls into this category.
Please note that leave from school will not be authorised as it is the law that children attend school.
Our attendance policy is available on our school website.
- PUNCTUALITY Mrs Malik’s class (Felis Silvestris) have won the punctuality treat for the half term
- ATTENDANCE Mrs King’s class (Squirrels) have won the attendance treat for the half term.
These classes will have a non-uniform day on Friday 23rd February.
- Calder Team has won the team point treat for the half term and will have a treat after the half term.
- Sue Dean Writing Award - The writing award for this half term was won by Aahil Yaqub in Y6
- Reading For Pleasure Awards
Children who have taken part in the scheme so far this school year were entered into a draw. Two names have been selected to win a £10 book voucher. They were Eesa Hussain in Y3 and Muhammad Isa Umar in Reception.
Events this week
- Miss Veldon’s Class attended ‘Bring Yer Wellies’ today.
- Children focused on safer internet use on Tuesday.
- Spelling Bee took place on Friday (Thursday for Y3V). After the half term, Mrs Gorrell will announce the names of children that will progress to the next round, competing against children from Walverden School.
- Mrs Ellis’s Class will visit ‘Bring Yer Wellies’ on Friday 26th February.
- Y1 classes are having a trip to Bring Yer Wellies on 12th and 13th
- Children in Y3 – 6 will be taking part in the annual times table competition, along with other local schools. The final will be on 6th
- Reception classes will be going on a trip in March
Events Celebrating World Book Day – Thursday 7th March
- Children will be invited to dress up as a book character on World Book Day.
- All children will also be watching a theatre production in school from Burnley Youth Theatre on World Book Day.
- A bookfair will be visiting school from 29th February for several days. Slots will be allocated to different year groups to attend after school.
- Children in Y3 – 6 will be taking part in a Quidditch session in March
Reedley Wraparound Care Club
Please remember that you need to book in advance if you wish for your child to attend breakfast club or afterschool club. Please use this link.
The link is also available on the school website.
Please remember that your child will go into Care Club automatically if they are not collected from school by 3.30pm. There will be a £4 late pick-up fee as long as your child is collected by 3.50pm. If they are not collected by 3.50pm, the full session price will be charged.
Free Swim Pass
The children have brought home a free swim pass which entitles children to a free swimming session during designated times. See www.pendleleisuretrust.co.uk for a list of the times that it can be used. Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied in the water by an adult. The voucher can be used at Pendle Wavelengths, Pendle Leisure Colne and West Craven Sports Centre.
From the sessions we have had in school, it is apparent that many of our children would benefit from additional swimming sessions to boost confidence in the water and swimming skills.
Art Week – after half term
Art week - Parents/carers can come into school during the times below to see what the children are learning in art.
Mon 19th Feb
Reception 2.45 – 3.15
Tues 20th Feb
Y3 2.45 – 3.15
Wed 21st Feb
Y2 10 – 10.30am
Y1 2.45 – 3.15
Thu 22nd Feb
Y5 9.00 – 9.30
Y4 2.45 – 3.15
Fri 23rd Feb
Y6 2.45 – 3.15
- School will reopen after half term on Monday 19th
- Easter Holidays - School will close after school on Thursday 28th March and will reopen on Monday 15th
- Next parent/carer meetings with teachers are below. Appointments can be booked on 15th March from 6pm.
After school sessions
Miss Cowell 9.15 – 10.15
Miss Hume 10.30 – 11.30
26 March 3.45 – 5.00
Y1, 2, 3
26 March 2pm – 3pm
26 March 3.45 – 5.00
Y4, 5, 6
27 March 2pm – 3pm
26 March 3.45 – 5.00
Thank you for your support,
Mrs Sarah Bell
Reminder of the details for Reedley Wraparound Care Club
· Time: From 7.30am - 8.40am
· Price £4.50 per session
This will consist of childcare starting from 7.30am until the children go into class.
Children will receive a healthy breakfast and taking part in sporting activities initially, although other activities will be added to the programme as the term goes on.
Children can arrive any time throughout the session, but the full charge will be incurred.
For example, your child can arrive at 8.25am, but you will be charged £4.50 for the session.
After School Club
· Time: From 3.30pm to 6.00pm
· 3.30pm to 3.50pm £4 per session or
· 3.30pm to 5pm £7 per session or
· 3.30pm to 6pm £9 per session
Children will go straight from their classes to the club. They will have a healthy snack and take part in activities.
All sessions must be booked online in advance.
If you are using the Government tax free childcare account, the club is registered at the following address:
Blooming Buds, Read Cricket Club, Whalley Road, Burnley, BB12 7PN