Friday, 26 January 2024
We had 9 hours and 45 minutes of lates this week.
Please ensure that your child is in school before the gates closes at 8.50am each day.
Our overall attendance for this week is 94.99%.
This is a huge improvement across school and these seven classes achieved at least 96% - both Reception classes, both Y1 classes, Y2S, Y4P and Y6E.
Any child with attendance lower than 90% is classed as a persistent absentee by Lancashire County Council. Parents/carers are always informed if their child falls into this category. I was delighted to see last week that many children who had been in this category have since improved their attendance and are no longer classed as persistent absentees.
Please note that leave from school will not be authorised as it is the law that children attend school. Our attendance policy is available on our school website.
Events This Week
· Year 1 had a dance session with a specialist from Sanderson Dance School as part of their PE topic
· Y6 children had a trip to the Museum of Lancashire this week
The swimming lessons started this week and feedback from children who have had a session so far has been very positive. The swimming teacher has also praised our children for their great attitude towards the swimming lessons. The pool was a lovely warm 35 degrees.
I know that a number of people have said they are concerned that the children are not able to shower before they go in the pool, but the company have assured me that they monitor the chemicals throughout the day and the chlorine kills the germs, just as it would in a public pool.
Some lessons were cancelled in the high winds that we had as it became too noisy inside the marquee, but we have been working to make these sessions up.
Water safety is a real concern to use at Reedley, as drowning is still the third most common cause of childhood deaths.
- A one-piece swimming costume (girls)
- A swimming hat
- Swimming trunks or shorts.
- Dressing gown
- Flip flops/crocs/sliders
Reedley Wraparound Care Club
The Reedley wraparound Care club started this week and many families have benefited from the childcare available until 6pm. Invoices will be sent out at the end of each week.
Bowland Boar Park
I have managed to secure some tickets which will allow free entry for one child per family to Bowland Wild Board Park in Chipping near Preston. Tickets can be used over the upcoming half-term holiday. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
If you would like a ticket, you can request one from Mrs Iqbal and Miss Fegan in the school office. See their website for details of the park https://www.wildboarpark.co.uk/
· The next school closure will be after school on Friday 9th February for the half term break. School will then reopen on Monday 19th February.
· Art week - Parents/carers can come into school for an allocated slot during the week to see what the children are learning in art.
· Y3 classes are having a trip to Bring Yer Wellies on 8th and 9th February
· Y1 classes are having a trip to Bring Yer Wellies on 12th and 13th March.
Thank you for your support,
Mrs Sarah Bell