Year 6CE Red Squirrels 2023 - 2024
Reedley Primary School rules:
Is it kind? Is it safe? Is it my best?
Class Teacher: Mrs Edwards Teaching Assistant: Ms Price-Hunt PPA Teacher: Mrs Jaleel
We expect all children to wear full school uniform every day.
· Shoes - This includes plain black school shoes/boots with a sensible heel, not trainers and no logos. If children have a problem with their usual school shoes, they wear their black school pumps whilst in school.
· Names - Please ensure that all items of clothing are named – then they be returned to your child if the items become lost.
· Jewellery - Jewellery is not allowed in school expect for a small pair of stud earrings and a watch. For PE lessons, the earrings must be covered over with plasters (provided by the parent) or removed. For swimming lessons earrings must be removed. The children must be able to remove them themselves. Please keep all other jewellery at home at all times for safety purposes. If it has to be taken from a child, it could get lost in school.
· Headscarves – girls can choose to wear a headscarf if they wish to. These should be plain black, blue or white and should have no decorations, and must not be fastened by pins. Ideally they should not be longer than shoulder length. These must be removed for PE.
Boys - Black or grey trousers, white polo shirt and a blue sweatshirt
Girls – Black or navy dress or skirt, white polo shirt, blue checked dress, blue sw
· Your child needs to have a school PE kit which consists of a red t-shirt, black shorts and black plimsoll pumps. Girls can wear plain black leggings.
· This kit is brought into school on the first day of a term and goes home at the end of the term, remaining in school so that the children always have the required kit for their lessons.
· Children who take part in after-school sport club need to bring in additional kit for this purpose and should not be using their school PE kit, otherwise the kit can get muddy or left at home.
Each week all children will receive homework and a reading book. Homework will be given on Thursday and completed homework to be brought back in school on Tuesday. It is a chance for the learning we have been doing in classes to be reinforced at home, as well as allowing your children to get creative with English, Maths and Reading.
P.E will take place every Wednesday afternoon.
Children must have their pumps in school to be able to participate in weekly P.E. lessons. P.E is an essential part of the curriculum which all children should have access to. We will let you know if children do not have the correct kit with them. Here are some pictures for you to see what your child will need. Please contact the school office if you are having issues purchasing the items.
All pens, pencils and other equipment needed for lessons will be provided, therefore children do not need to bring their own pencil cases into school.
Please ensure that the school is kept up-to-date with medical/dietary requirements and photographic permissions.
Our online platform.
Your child will know if they have any online learning to complete, so please just hoover over the icon required and click. It will take you straight to the website where your child can login with their personal login details.
Each term I will be sending home a knowledge organiser. Please encourage your child to read through it and learn some of the vocabulary linked to the topics we will be learning. If they want to do some research on the topics we will be learning, this will be more than welcomed. I always enjoy looking at what the children have been learning at home.
Mrs. Bell has continued with the timetables awards this year which take place in class. The children that have achieved the award, will be announced during assembly on Fridays.
Do you know your timetables in any order? Can you do them in 3 minutes?
- Bronze Certificate – 2, 5, and 10 times tables
- Silver Certificate – 3, 4, 6, and 11 times tables
- Gold Certificate – 7, 8, 9, and 12 times tables
- Amethyst Certificate – All tables mixed
- Emerald Certificate – 100 question challenge in three minutes!
- Hackmanite - 144 division and multiplication questions
- Panite - 140 questions designed to extend multiplication and division facts beyond 12x12
Each term I will be sending home a knowledge organiser. Please encourage your child to read through it and learn some of the vocabulary linked to the topics we will be learning. If they want to do some research on the topics we will be learning this will be more than welcomed. I always enjoy looking at what the children have been learning at home.
To keep up to date with what we have been doing in class, why not follow us on our school Twitter page: @ReedleyPrimary
Finally, we hope all your children will enjoy their time in Year Six. There are some very exciting topics planned and we look forward to seeing and sharing their progress during the year. If you have any concerns, please get in contact with the school office to arrange an appointment or a phone call to discuss any matters.
Year 6CE Red Squirrels: News items
Year 6CE Red Squirrels: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 6CE Red Squirrels: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 6CE Red Squirrels: Events items
There are no Events items to display